Rockville Garage First Car Invoice
June 22, 1921 was no doubt an exciting day for Mr Henry C. Brown, as that was the day he purchased a brand new 1921 DODGE BROTHERS TOURING CAR from Lewis Reed’s Rockville Garage. The car was sold for $1050.00 and signed for by Edgar Reed. The logos on the invoice are the original Dodge Brothers Motor Cars and Oldsmobile Sales Company logos. Initially, Reed Brothers sold Oldsmobile and Hudson, along with Dodge. The fact that the phone number was just ’67’ gives a real feeling of how different life was back then. (click image to enlarge)
Reed Brothers was franchised as a Dodge dealership and service facility in 1915; only one year after the first Dodge automobile was made. In 1919, Lewis Reed’s brother Edgar joined him in the business. Reed Brothers Dodge was the first to sell Dodge cars in Montgomery County, Maryland.