Happy New Year 2013
I would like to wish all the visitors and subscribers to this blog a Happy New Year and all the best for a happy, healthy and successful 2013. Thank you all for your support and for being loyal readers throughout the past eight months. Cheers!
About Reed BrothersI am a co-owner of the former Reed Brothers Dodge in Rockville, Maryland. Lewis Reed, the founder of Reed Brothers Dodge was my grandfather. We were a family-owned and operated car dealership in Rockville for almost a century. I served in the United States Air Force for 30 years before retiring in the top enlisted grade of Chief Master Sergeant in July 2006.
A Warm Welcome to our Blog!
My name is Jeanne Gartner and I am the author of this blog. Lewis Reed, the founder of Reed Brothers Dodge was my grandfather. We were a family-owned and operated car dealership in Rockville, Maryland for almost a century.
Reed Brothers was franchised as a Dodge dealership in 1915; only one year after the first Dodge automobile was made. Lewis Reed and his brother Edgar, were the first to sell Dodge cars in Montgomery County Maryland. That made Reed Brothers the oldest auto dealership under the same family ownership in Maryland, and one of the oldest in the entire nation.
Business longevity is something to celebrate and share. I created this blog for readers to gain insight into our history and look back at what contributed to its success.
I look forward to sharing our family business history with you.
- Historic Timeline
Search This Blog
- 121,278 since April 2012
- Lewis Reed Photos: Rockville High School, 1911
- The Story of “Light Dodger”
- Silver Anniversary (1915-1940)
- Update: Light Dodger Sculpture
- Reed Brothers Dodge Featured in May 2015 Norris-Banonis Automotive Calendar
- Feature – “On the Go: Rockville Pike and Car Culture” by Peerless Rockville
- Update: “Light Dodger” Sculpture Project by Tj Aitken
- Lewis Reed Photo: Rockville Courthouse 1914
- Featured Photos: Reed Brothers Service Dept circa 1960
- Featured Photo: Market Street, Frederick, MD circa 1915