Reed Brothers Texaco Filling Station
The 1917 photo below is the Reed Brothers original Rockville Garage located at the intersection of Veirs Mill Road and Rockville Pike. To the right is a Texaco Gasoline Filling Station sign. One very tall Texaco branded fuel pump can be seen in this photo along with two Texaco Petroleum refueling trucks. The gas pump globe on the top advertizes the gas company name and logo. Parked in front is a line-up of some very early Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicles.
Also visible in the photo are trolley tracks that went along Rockville Pike and Montgomery Avenue to Laird Street and back again. From 1900 – 1935, the trolley cars went past Reed Brothers Dodge as they traveled up Rockville Pike.
At some point between prior to 1920, Reed Brothers Dodge changed over from selling Texaco and became a Gulf Gasoline dealer. Reed Brothers had the first Gulf gas station in the still-rural Washington D.C. area. (click on images to enlarge)
Below, a Texaco Petroleum tanker is delivering its load of fuel to Reed Brothers in this circa 1917 photo. The delivery driver seems to be wearing his best suit on this job, something that you don’t see these days at all.