Lewis Reed Photo: Rockville Courthouse 1914
This special post is a part of a new blog feature called, “Rockville’s Past Through the Lens of Lewis Reed”. It doesn’t have anything to do with Reed Brothers Dodge, but it does have a lot to do with it’s founder, Lewis Reed. With photography for a hobby, one that began even before automobiles were around, Lewis Reed had amassed an extensive collection of photographs from historical locations in Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia.
This photograph was taken by Lewis Reed circa 1914. The Red Brick Courthouse was constructed in 1891 at a cost of $50,000.
Inscription. Montgomery County’s third courthouse. Built in 1891 the “Old Red Brick Courthouse” has become the symbol and architectural monument of old Rockville. Designated a historic building on July 19, 1965 by the Montgomery County Historical Society, Inc.